Today we were able to spend the day with family, barbequing and watching the kids swim, and we are so grateful for the country we live in. America is not perfect, and we are excited to move to Holland for the year and experience their country and culture, but as we sat eating our burgers and ice cream, we had to admit that there is something special about this land we live in. The freedoms we enjoy, and even the freedoms that others enjoy that I might not agree with, were fought for by people who loved this country.
To them - I say thanks.
To those still fighting - I say thanks.
To the families of those left behind - I say thanks.
I know that my thanks are not enough, but I am grateful to raise my children in a place that cherishes "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" - where you can still go out and pursue your American dream!
We were also able to reflect, as we waited for the wind to die down so the fireworks could start, on the blessings God has given this country. We sat, watching the sky, as the wind blew and the lightning flashed across the horizon and marveled at the "fireworks" of God and how all power is in Him. How great is our God!
As we prepare to go, we are glad that we were able to celebrate this 4th of July with family and that we could witness God's power firsthand.
God Bless America!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment