"God does not respond to our needs and our wants. He responds to our faith."
I read this quote on another blog I read, and it truly hit me. I have been struggling with the whole raising support thing - mainly because I HATE asking people to support us. I'll admit, I'm kind of a control freak! God really worked on me with this a few months back when I broke my ankle and had to ask others for . . oh goodness . . . help. But also because, as the support has come in spurts, sometimes not making any headway and then in waves, I have wondered why God hasn't brought it in faster. I wondered why, knowing that He was sending us to Holland, we aren't at 100% of pledges yet. I, apparently, had another lesson to learn in all of this!
We don't need money. And though we want to be in Holland as soon as possible, God's plan and timing are always perfect!
So my faith is growing - and as I sit back and rest in Him, the ultimate Provider, I know that me being in control is not working! We've talked to people, sent letters, called churches, sent emails, followed up, and yet we have come up short. Only God can work in the hearts of His people and move them to contribute to His cause. So we pray and have Faith that He will answer.
"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:22

No comments:
Post a Comment