Thursday, May 22, 2008

We are the proud parents of a 1st Grader!








Today we all went to school with Kaylie to celebrate her graduation from Kindergarten. We are SO proud of her. We also received her report card - all A's and E's (Excellent) - and a special certificate for her great handwriting. It was fun to see how she progressed throughout the year and to look back at what she did at the beginning of the year and what she can do now. I didn't think I would cry but I seeing her teacher cry over the end of the year and seeing how much she had loved the kids made me tear up a bit - Then they played a video montage of the year with the song "Let them be little" by Billy Dean - and I really teared up. Here are the words to the chorus - (Try not to think of your kids or you'll tear up too!)



"Let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while.



Give them hope, give them praise, give them love everyday.



Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle.



Oh just let them be little"









So our girl is a 1st Grader - but that still counts as "being little" right?!




As for Keiric - he can't wait for school!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Congrats Kaylie!!! You look so cute and like a lil 1st grader! I am SO proud of you!!! Love ya sweet pea :)