Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Praise God!

Many of you know that Kaylie was diagnosed with a seizure disorder in June after having a few fever induced seizures. In June, after rounds of testing and all kinds of intials - EEG, MRI, CAT , etc they decided that (a very expensive) medication would be the best treatment option. They were hoping that it was a condition she would outgrow. Since then, we have had no seizure activity, but now 8 months later, and with plans to leave in the next few months, not to mention- losing our insurance, we need to re-evalute her treatment. I have been calling for weeks to try and get her in to see the Pediactric Neurologist. I was first told that the doctor was booked until January! and they didn't know what I could do - but thanks to a great nurse Dawn, and the doctor re-working her schedule for us - they are fitting us in THIS Friday!!!! I can not tell you how excited I am about this! I still don't know what we'll decide and I'll keep everyone posted - but at least we have an appointment!

No comments: