This is Jeremy. You'll find that I don't post nearly as often as my wonderful wife, mostly because she's so much better at it than I am... and she usually has more to say. But I wanted to share something I read recently in the book, Season of Life, by Jeffrey Marx. It was discussing the difference between "going" and being "sent". A high school football coach was talking to his seniors about them going away as young men into the world, and he said...
"I don't like the word go. 'Go' kind of means you just leave, you're untethered, you break away from the moorings and just float around out there... Being sent has a whole different connotation. 'Sent' means you've got support. 'Sent' means you've got a home. 'Sent' means you have a purpose. Being sent means you can always come back. Being sent means people love you. It means you go out like a warrior because you've got something to do. And when you get it done, you come back to your home people because they're all there waiting for you. It's a sense of community and connectivity."
We truly are blessed to not just go, but to be sent by so many amazing Christians who want the Gospel to reach Holland.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is AWESOME, the whole blog! Thanks for loving people in Jesus' name!
Post a Comment