Friday, April 18, 2008

Good news from the Neurologist!

I hope that none of you ever need a pediatric neurologist, but if you do - Dr. Lewis is fantastic. She and her staff are my new favorite people. They were quick and efficient and took spectacular care of Kaylie. You could tell that Kaylie was nervous when we went in - she didn't remember being there in the past, but as we were loading up in the car afterward she said that Dr. Lewis was her favorite doctor. This says a lot because Kaylie likes our PCP.

So, on to the diagnosis. They want to run another EEG to see what her brain is doing now that it has been on the medication for almost a year. If it is normal they will take her off the medication before we leave to see how she does. If there is still "abnormal" activity (her brain is a little spastic and sends off weird electrical currents triggering the seizures) they will continue the medication but the doctor said they would work with us to figure out how to get it since 1) we'll be out of the country, and 2) we might not have any insurance. This was such a blessing. Thanks for your prayers! I'll post when we have the EEG and how it turns out.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Yeah, I am so excited to hear about Kaylie's visit to the doctor. I will be praying for her EEG and that everything is good. And we know, from experience how powerful prayer is....Praise God :)