Saturday, November 1, 2008

Yeah, Suffering!?

I had the opportunity this week to lead our Tuesday Night Cell Group in finishing up our study of 1 Peter. We discussed a number of things, like what it really means that "love will conquer a multitude of sins" (4:8), and the fact that busybodies are classified with thieves and murderers (4:15). But what stuck out most to me was the importance of glorifying God in every part of our lives, whether we are being hospitable (v.9), speaking (v. 11), or suffering for our beliefs (v. 16). I found it most interesting that we are supposed to rejoice "to the extent" that we partake of Christ's suffering, so someone who is suffering horribly should rejoice more than someone who is only suffering a little. It almost makes you want to get out there and suffer... doesn't it? :)

2 comments:

Avily Jerome said...

Absolutely! I love suffering! Go with the sufferage! Woo-hoo!

Or not.... :)

Joy said...

Lol...read James lately :)