It is a good thing I don't mind looking silly!
The other day in Dutch class we were taking turns asking each other questions about places and directions. The directions in our textbook said (in Dutch) to ask directions of another classmate to the baker, the market, the church, etc. Well, when my turn came I proudly began my sentence: "Waar is het . . . " or "Where is the..." and, wanting to pick a word that had not been used yet, I proclaimed, ".. . enzovoort?" I had no idea what that word meant and figured that the teacher would tell me. But, instead, she began to chuckle. I had just asked, "Where is the etcetera?" :)
Also, Saturday evening were able to have 3 of our 4 Youth leaders come over for dinner and a planning meeting to see what their hopes and goals for the group are. It was a great time to be able to connect with them and ask them which ways we could help them individually and within the group. They were excited about our willingness to help them and right after the meeting, the rest of the youth cell came over for the Bible study. They all had a great time playing the Wii to begin the meeting, and then they had a very interactive discussion on what makes the Bible unique and relevant in their lives. We are really excited to be part of this group and are eager to see them grow throughout the year.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't you love the faux pas that can be made when learning a new language? :)
Glad things are going well with the youth group and stuff!
Post a Comment