Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rats and Resurrections

Yesterday afternoon I was startled when I was walking through the entrance way and out of the corner of my eye I spotted something large crawling down one of the walls. It was a mouse. Okay, so "large" may be an exaggeration, but it was definitely a lot bigger than anything most people would expect to find climbing down a wall in their house. Anyhow, "we" tried to chase it out the door, but it went the opposite direction, and after about fifteen minutes of trying to get it out, flipping over furniture and using a long stick to try and maneuver it outside, it somehow it evaded us and disappeared. (I use the term "we" loosely, as Heather's contribution mostly consisted of screaming like a girl when it ran across the opposite side of the room and crouching on the stairs where she was apparently hoping our wall-scaling friend couldn't reach her). We still haven't found the little guy, but I'm sure he'll show up when we have company or some other inopportune time.


But, on a happier note, the Wii has been raised from the dead! With the help of some advice from one of the other missionaries here who also has a Wii, I was able to locate a replacement cord, cut out the apparently damaged part of the original Wii cord, and splice the original adapter onto the new plug. I'm definitely not an electrician, but it did the trick, and the Wii is again up and running. No more of those stupid, technology-free game nights with the youth! ;)


2 comments:

Joy said...

LOL!!! I can totally picture it... and it's totally making me laugh... although I'm a little worried about a mouse that can scale walls!!! It will be gone by the time I come to visit right?!? Also, excited to hear the Wii is alive! I'm sure it will come in very handy with the youth kids :) Hope your having a great week...and your visitor moves out :)

Avily Jerome said...

That is freaking hysterical! Not that you have a mouse- been there, done that- not fun! But Heather sitting on the stairs screaming. That's how I am with crickets. Good luck finding and murdering the little monster!