"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
As we live in a country where it literally rains almost every day, I suppose we are getting more dancing lessons than most. I tell everyone here that when Phoenix is cold and gray I just want to sit at home curled up with a good book in my pajamas all day, however, if you had that mentality here - you would never leave the house. We been told by the locals that you just have to get out there and brave the storms, which is sometimes hard for me when I start to rationalize how badly do we really need that liter of milk when we have to face the cold, wind, and rain on bike to get it. But we're learning, and I'm finding that the storm clouds make the sky that much more interesting, and that they make the sun seem that much brighter when it finally peaks through and highlights and reflects from around the gray. We're learning that the storm clouds of life will always come, but that they intensify the reward, and that makes the dance exhilarating.
PS - Thanks to Jeremy's mom for passing along this great quote.

1 comment:
Hey kids! Just want to let you know that we miss you and love you! Glad to hear all that is going on with you guys- keep up the good work!
~Laura a.k.a. Avily Jerome
P.S. I started a blog too! Check it out! http://avilyjerome.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment