So I went to the city to present our certified and apostilled marriage certificate so they could record it with the city, only to find out that both Jeremy and I needed to be there to sign it. So we went back the next day, only to be asked for some paperwork from the immigration department to submit with the city paperwork. We told him that the immigration department had sent us away to complete the city paperwork first. Are you thoroughly confused? So were we - and so was the city employee. He said that it didn't make and sense and echoed our feelings of confusion at the process. So he took the paperwork, after talking to a colleague (who also talked to a colleague) and said that they would then send it to the immigration department, who when they get to it, sends it to the foreign police, to - get this - verify that we are authentically married. Again, in a country that doesn't care if your married or not and allows people living together to enjoy all the legal benefits of being married, why they care if we are "authentically married" or not is very confusing!
The problem is that it will take about 2 months to finish this process and our tourist visa expires in about 6 weeks - so we have to call the immigration department and see if we can submit our residence application to them and then wait for the marriage verification, or if they can extend our tourist visa. I don't know why this process is being drawn out, but I know He does.
In just a bit of fun I wanted to share how Keiric is adapting to the weather. I think he has figured Holland out. Here is the song we heard him singing the other day - he re-wrote the words to the "Rain, Rain, go away - come again another day" song himself.

Keiric's Version:
"Rain, rain, go away - I'll see you tonight"
2 comments:
Wow!!! Sounds like you guys are getting the run around! That's so crazy...well I can tell them you are actually married...I was there, I witnessed it :) And Keiric's song is SO cute!!!! I miss that kid :(....only like 114 days til I see you guys if everything goes according to plan...haha we know how that can go. Love the pictures and updates. Miss ya all, love ya!
Tell the kids I miss them and love them LOTS!!! Anana....aka Auntie Joy
Sorry about the hassle with the visa. But there is some reason for this. Keiric is an awesome songwriter. And I want to hear him sing! I've never heard that before. Miss you guys and praying for you.
Jeff
Post a Comment