We're back from conference and we're very excited about the challenges that God gave us and many other missionaries through it. GEM has intiated a new strategy to reach Europe through "Spiritual Mapping." This involves mapping out a community to see where God may be working. By intiating faith-based conversations or questions, and prayer walking during the normal course of activities in living and working in a community, you can see where people congregate and more quickly estimate if anyone is open to the Gospel. The goal is then to make a disciple and to help that person to make disciples. In this way, they hope to see the Word of God spread much more rapidly in Europe than it has previously been. Please pray for us to have boldness to introduce God's love to the people of Alkmaar, and help us to have eyes to see where God wants to work.
Also, We were blessed to have the spiritual leading of the Pastor of Wheaton Bible Church, who gave us a message every morning after a time of worship. It was an incredible experience to sit together with over 300 other missionaries from all over Europe and worship together in song. Many, including us, have not had worship in English in quite awhile and the passion and emotion during the songs was astounding. It was wonderful to be able to praise the Lord together during that time. Pastor Rob (I've forgotten his last name) then gave such insightful messages you were easily led to understand the truths of God's Word. He focused on not wasting the things God gives you: suffering - which enables you to empathize and grow your faith, change - which is an unavoidable part of life, and the Opportunities - to be part of God's work in expanding the kingdom, no matter WHERE we are. It was very challenging and we are grateful that we were able to be there as we begin our ministry in Holland, and we can take these things we learned and implement them immediately.
Thank you for your continued prayers and thoughts for us. We miss you all back home, it's hard to believe we've been here almost a month now! More details and pictures to come - we are still waiting for internet to be hooked up and the libray is going to boot us off their computers now :)
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so glad you had a time of refreshing. God is amazing in what He does in our lives. Suffering and change are two things I'm dealing with now, but I know that I'm being prepared for something. It's just hard to see that now. I will be praying that God will show you where to use the tools that you learned at the conference.
Jeff
Micah 6:8
Hey! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! Miss you guys like crazy back here...we got the new church directories and the first thing I did was look for your picture :) Very nice by the way! Well, I'm excited to hear about you guys mapping out areas and doing prayer walking and discipleship. It is awesome to see how God is working, teaching and leading. Praying for you guys as the weeks go on! Love ya lots!!!
Hey guys! Glad to hear you had such an awesome time in Hungary! I'm excited that you were able to have a time of worship...that was in English!
Also, I picked up the church directory for you...I was planning on keeping it for you until your return but my mom suggested you might want it mailed to you. E-mail me and let me know.
All of us here are still praying for you! Tell the kids I say h"hi."
Post a Comment