Good Friday: Kaylie had 2 of her friends over for the day and we painting eggs, played at the park and went for a walk - we are really loving this Spring weather! That evening we had a Good Friday service that I was able to go to with my friend Kim, while Jeremy stayed home with the kids and finished packing for his Saturday departure.
Saturday morning, after getting Jeremy on his 5:58 am train, the kids and I went to our friends Angela and Jeroen's first (annual?) Easter egg hunt and brunch. The kids had a great time playing with the other kids, including egg on spoon races and pin the tail on the bunny. I met some great new friends, and was able to catch up with others.
Saturday evening we had the youth cell here at our house and they played a fun Easter guessing game and then had a good discussion about why Jesus had to be a blood sacrifice and die for us so that we could be reconciled with God.
Sunday morning the kids woke up eager to find the Easter eggs that I had hidden downstairs. Kaylie's teacher had told her that the Easter Bunny does not come to Holland and that the parents hide the eggs. I told her it was a good thing she told us, because otherwise, we would have been disappointed that morning to find that he hadn't come, and luckily I could do it since I knew now that the Easter Bunny can not hop this far - he doesn't have a sleigh that flies to the whole world like Santa :)
In the evening, we went to the English church for their service, but only after we hid and found the eggs a few more times! Luckily, K and Keir have decided that it's fun to hide them for each other. At least, until on Keirics turn to hide them, he dumped them all into 1 bush - K didn't think that was fair :)
Here in Holland, Easter is a 2 day holiday and they have 1st Easter Day and 2nd Easter Day. This morning, on Easter Monday, the English church held a Easter Egg hunt and lunch with a special children's message from our friends Tagg and Susan (fellow GEMers). Susan interviewed "the rock" that was in front of Jesus' tomb and he had a very interesting story to tell. The kids loved it, and I was very entertained too! They used the verse that says, even if no one praises God - the rocks will cry out, and that when you meet Jesus it changes your life.
Though it was hard to be away from family during this time - Easter is my favorite holiday - It was wonderful to celebrate spring, new life and Resurrection with friends.

1 comment:
Kaylie is making a Heather face in the picture with the little red head girl. It's cute!
Can't wait to see you all in real life in 5 days!
Post a Comment