Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Promised Pictures; Part 2 - EuroDisney

After several emotional and challenging days at BFA, we surprised the kids with a mini trip to Disneyland in Paris. Several weeks ago I had seen an amazing discount (including kids being FREE for their anniversary celebration) and because it was my 30th birthday and I had received some gift money, we decided to make it a little family get-away. I had been dying to tell the kids since we had booked it, but we were able to hold out and told them the day before we left BFA that we were returning to Holland via Paris -only about 3 hours out of our way :) Kaylie was super excited and kept telling Keiric how much fun it would be!

The Disneyland Hotel in Paris - this is where you stay if you have $$$$; the entry gates to Disney are actually the first floor of the hotel. (This is not where we stayed!)

The Buzz Lightyear ride - they give you laser guns to shoot targets as you go through the ride and they tally your points- I got the highest score - so i'ts my favorite ride!
Kaylie loved the Autopia. She kept saying it was good practice for her in driving. Of course, I kept thinking you have plenty of time to practice, at least 10...I mean 9... wait.. 8.5? years - how fast they grow up! The ever-popular Dumbo ride, and Keiric's impression of it

Kaylie loves her princess castles
Me and Keiric on the teacups- I love his "excited" face!Jeremy and Keiric on The Haunted Mansion (which was called something else, but I can't remember what) I think this is Jeremy's "scared face.

This Cars ride is a variation on the teacups with them all spinning around each other, and Keiric was very excited to see Cars.Jasmine and Aladin's Flying carpet ride - these were Keiric's favorite rides (this, Dumbo and the space ships) where you got to control them going up and down - we went on this several times.

Waiting for "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience." Do they look cool or what?!
The kids also had a great time seeing all the Disney characters and getting their signatures. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Winnie the Pooh, Pluto, Chip and Dale (the chipmunks), Sully from Monster's Inc, Cruella deVille, Lilo and Stitch, Donald Duck, Goofy, and Remy (from Ratatouille) Here are Mickey, Minnie, and Winnie the Pooh - Keiric saw some of them while Kaylie went on "taller" rides.
Here's a picture of me and Jer, courtesy of KaylieTrying to pull the Sword out of the Stone - I just love the intensity on Keiric's face
Our hotel room had bunk beds for the kids. They thought this was very cool!

No comments: