Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hanging out at "The Mall"

I think I told you a while back about an opportunity I had to go with some of the people from the College and Career class at EKV to an after school program called The Mall, which is put on by Youth for Christ. Well, yesterday afternoon I was able to go back on my own as a volunteer. I spent a couple of hours playing table tennis, foosball, and video games with a group of 11 to 13 year olds. Most of them don't speak any English, and in order to make them feel more comfortable, I had agreed with the managers to do my best to speak only Dutch with the kids. Of course, that made me feel a lot less comfortable, but I enjoyed the time getting to know the kids a little bit, and I'm hoping to continue voluteering there at least once a week. Please pray that the Lord will use my limited Dutch skills and continue to improve them in order to build relationships with the kids, and that eventually He will provide opportunities to teach them about Him.

No comments: