Our International Cell Group is in charge of some of the elements of the services at EKV this month, and I have been asked to lead the Communion Service this coming Sunday... in Dutch. Fortunately, I can read most of it strait from the Bible; unfortunately, it's still in Dutch. The text I've decided to use is I Corinthians 11:23b-25. I thought you might be interested in what I will be reading.
"23b...de Heere Jezus in den nacht, in welken Hij verranden werd, het brood nam; 24 En als Hij gedankt had, brak Hij het, en zeide: Neemt, eet, dat is Mijn lichaam, dat voor u gebroken wordt; doet dat tot Mijn gedachtenis. 25 Desgelijks nam Hij ook den drinkbeker, na het eten des avondmaals, en zeide: Deze drinkbeker is het Nieuwe Testament in Mijn bloed. Doet dat, zo dikwijls als gij dien zult drinken, tot Mijn gedachtenis.
A straight forward, literal translation looks something like this:
"23b...the Lord Jesus in the night, in which He betrayed was, the bread took; 24 And when He thanked had, broke Him it and said: Take, eat, that is my body, that for you broken was; do that to My memory. 25 Likewise took He also then goblet, after the eating of the dinner, and said: This goblet is the New Testament in My blood. Do that, so frequently as ye that shall drink, to my memory."
I would appreciate your prayers that I can read it in a way that sounds at least a little like Dutch and that I can lead the rest of the service in a way that glorifies God. I am thankful for the opportunity, but I am also a little nervous.
Jeremy
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Praying it went well for you! Excited to hear how it went!! Miss you guys!!!
That's such a great opportunity!
It will really help you connect with people. I'm glad you got to do that.
Post a Comment