Sunday, December 7, 2008

Quotable Quotes

Kaylie: "oh, that's what it is. I'm not good with my English."


Keiric: "the spider not bite me, I a nice boy!"




Kaylie went to her Wednesday school on Friday for a special Sinterklaas feest (Sinterklaas party). They began by singing songs written for him (see video), and then he and his helper Zwarte Piet came and passed out gifts to the children. The kids have really enjoyed celebrating Sinterklaas, and Friday night he stopped by our house in the middle of the night, like Santa does in the states ;), so the kids had a few gifts waiting for them Saturday morning. It is SO fun to see their eyes light up and the innocence of the belief when they see he came. I have told the kids that since Sinterklaas comes here to Holland on Dec. 5th, that Santa Claus doesn't have to come to the Netherlands to deliver on Christmas. So we are not planning on celebrating Christmas with gifts this year, but focusing on the perfect gift of the season - the birth of Jesus, our Savior.

Also, Friday night was the Polish concert, and Kaylie and I took the train out for it. Unfortunately, none of my friends from school were able to come, but the music was fantastic! Several of the Polish who came were able to get information on the church that meets out in that area, and many seemed to really enjoy it. Here's a video clip.



3 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

Haha! I love those quotes! What was Kay trying to say?

Glad you all are doing well. I'm so excited for all the great opportunities you guys have to minister!

Merry belated Sinterklaas!

Holli said...

so fun! I can't imagine what I would say if trying in another language - proper English has been hard enough!:)

Avily Jerome said...

How cute is that!!!

Your kids are awesome!

I like the concept of separating the Santa concept from Christmas. We don't do Santa at all, but if it were unrelated to Christmas, I think I might consider it.

Happy Holidays, both Dutch and American!